As Catholic Health Care leaders, we understand ourselves as called. Catholic Health Care as a whole understands itself as a collective response to God’s call to care for one another.
We cultivate a sense of calling:
- Although we take into account compensation (job) and promotion(career), we also go beyond them.
We consider how we and our coworkers are especially suited for Catholic Health Care:
- How our gifts and talents are able to be expressed and developed,
- How our personal life and work life are compatible,
- How the people we work with form a respectful community,
- How what we do in cooperation with others contributes to the common good.
Our vocational attitude is enhanced:
- When we remind ourselves we have found the right work,
- When we invest attention in what we love to do,
- When we remember the larger meaning of our work.