As Catholic Health Care leaders, we work to develop and ensure account- ability for ethical policies, practices, and behaviors in our organizational relationships. We are aware that the ultimate organizational rationale and motivation for ethical responsibility is a theological understanding of the human person in community.
- Ethical considerations permeate every aspect of organizational life, and must be explicitly addressed,
- A particular urgency to focus on the areas of resource allocation, cooperation, joint ventures,
partnerships, vendor relations, conflicts of interest, and policy statements.
We ensure that there are:
- People who are charged with the responsibility of ethical oversight,
- Structures to guarantee ethical questions are always asked,
- Ongoing ethical education opportunities for everyone within the organization.
We assume responsibility for making sure that:
- The ethical character of the organization is visible,
- Every decision is ethically justified and communicated throughout the organization.